Is EBMC Reopening Our Physical Space? FAQ
EBMC closed our physical space at 285 17th Street in Oakland (zip code: 94612, at the corner of 17th Street and Harrison) at the start of the Covid pandemic in March 2020. It’s now 2023 and we’re getting quite a few questions about whether our physical space is reopening. If you don’t find an answer to your question below, please email admin at eastbaymeditation dot org. Thank you!
- Are any EBMC programs being held in the physical space?
Yes, we’ve slowly begun to hold a few of our classes, using our new hybrid tech equipment, as concurrent or hybrid events, with people attending in person and on Zoom. The teachers may be present in person or on the Zoom only.
- How can I tell which programs/classes are hybrid?
Check the calendar on our website, please. You may also wish to sign up for our weekly announcement email. [Note: Some hybrid classes may change to online/Zoom only if there are emergency storm warnings. If you are registered for a program – a class series or a half or full day retreat – and it needs to be held online only, you will receive an email from EBMC.
- Are any of the regular practice groups being held in the physical space? (For a list of practice groups, click HERE.)
A few of the practice groups have begun to meet in person once a month. Please check with the practice group you’re interested in attending to learn the details.
- Do I have to be vaccinated for Covid and wear a mask to attend EBMC in person?
Yes, we appreciate your supporting our community’s health and well-being. See full information about safety protocols HERE.
- I have some other questions about EBMC. How do I get answers?
Click HERE to access our EBMC organizational directory.