Sangha Safety Pointers
- Think in terms of “self-awareness” instead of “self-defense.”
- In traveling to or from EBMC, have a buddy system.
- You can call the Oakland Ambassadors and request an escort. Information is posted in the EBMC office.
- When you leave EBMC, remember that you are shifting to a faster paced environment with more flow.
- Practice being aware of everything within twenty feet in front of you, in back of you, and on either side of you.
- Make sure you’re carrying your bag or purse in a way that’s comfortable and secure, and practice looking confident, alert and friendly.
- Transition zones, such as getting into or out of your car, and going into or out of the meditation center are places for heightened awareness.