An Online Class Series with Melvin Escobar
4 Monday sessions, February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, 2024
6:00 – 8PM PST (Time Zone Converter)
Closed Captioning Provided
Why’s it so hard to meditate!? This question is as old as the practice. Join us for this class series that gets to the root of our struggles: The Five Obstacles. We’ll learn ways to work with these “hindrances” guided by Buddhist teachings, contemporary psychological frameworks and an understanding of structural oppression. Through talks, interactive exercises, stationary and gentle moving meditation, and recommendations for home practice, participants will gain awareness on how to use each of the five obstacles as gateways to deepen our practice.
Attend some or all:
Week 1 – Doubt
Week 2 – Sloth + Torpor and Ill Will
Week 3 – Restlessness + Worry
Week 4 – Sensual Desire
All Registered participants will receive a Confirmation Email & Zoom Link via EventBrite.
Universal Access Requests for Zoom Participation:
- Please do not use virtual or blurred backgrounds
- Please keep your camera still when it’s turned on
- Please repeat your name when you speak
- Facilitators will attempt to read any comments in the chat out loud
- A good microphone, strong internet connection, and quiet environment help with audio access
- Please mute when you’re not speaking
To support the teachings, please do so via:
Cost: There is no registration fee for attending this event, nor most EBMC events. However, EBMC is not independently funded. The Center and the teachers will be sustained only by your voluntary donations (the practice of generous giving, or “dana”). Please donate generously, in proportion to your ability:
* Either online (you will be offered an opportunity during the online registration process to donate to EBMC; the teachers will not receive any part of this online donation).
* Or directly to the teacher:
Thank you for your generosity. EBMC will be only be sustained through our collective generosity.